Monday, November 21, 2005

Welcome!

Welcome to Sharing in the Life! I have been wanting a place, for some time now, not only to publish some of my ideas, but also to enter into dialogue with others on topics that interest me. What are those topics? Let me preface the answer to that question by sharing some of my life with you. First and foremost, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. The relationship that I have with Him is the most important relationship in my life. I am also the husband of a godly, loving woman who has been sharing life with me for 9 years. I also spend time working as an IT operations manager for a college. These are only a few aspects of my life, but I am sure you will come to know me better in the future.

Now, back to the original question. What are my interests? I am interested in almost any topic surrounding Christianity and the Bible. More specifically, I am interested in the church. I enjoy studying topics such as making disciples, church leadership, church meetings, church planting, and the Lord's Supper. Since I believe that church practice should arise out of a thorough study of and submission to the Bible, I am also interested in New Testament Greek, biblical interpretation, and am beginning to study textual criticism and discourse analysis. Finally, I am interested in delving further into the topics of the role of the church in the sanctification of the believer and the effect of the Lord's Supper on the unity and growth of the church.

One may ask why I have named the blog "Sharing in the Life." It is my desire not only to share in the life with God through Jesus Christ, but also to share that same life, as well as my own, with you. (1 John 1:1-3) I also desire for you to share your life with me. My hope is that this blog will be a place where we can converse over these topics already mentioned, as well as others as they arise. I want to keep the tone friendly and encouraging, yet, at the same time, challenge the presuppositions and opinions that we all have when we study the Scripture.

Again, welcome to "Sharing in the Life." I look forward to talking with you soon.

No comments: